Glassblasting of metal surfaces
Glassblasting is a widespread surface treatment used in many industries. The applications are numerous, especially in the audio equipment industry where the decorative surface is of great importance. Glassblasting is also commonly used for medical and military equipment, as well as mechanical components and design.
Glassblowing is typically used to strengthen and clean surfaces, before other surface treatments such as plating. This treatment is more gentle and can therefore be advantageously used on metal parts where fine adjustments are needed.
Glass blowing removes a very limited amount of material from the surface, as the glass beads primarily deform the outermost layer, leaving an even and uniform color and gloss. The process has a minimal impact on the weight and dimensions of the product.
The process aligns with our company's values, as it allows us to offer an environmentally friendly surface treatment. The glass beads we use are of high quality, free of toxic substances, and chemically inert, making them non-hazardous. They help reduce the environmental impact of our operations and those of our customers' supply chains.
Glassblowing is a surface treatment where small beads of glass are blown onto the surface at relatively low power. The effect shapes and smoothes on the hard surface.
Glass beads come in various sizes and types, each creating a different surface texture. We advise our customers on how to achieve the desired result for their component. Unlike sandblasting, which uses abrasive sand particles, glassblowing is non-abrasive.
Contact us to learn more about glassblowing metal surfaces.
Matt nickel (Pearl nickel)
Excerpt from our quality policy
- Our work must always meet our customers' demands and expectations.
- We have incorporated the concept of quality as an integral part of each employee's functions.
- We remedy errors and deficiencies quickly, so that the disadvantages for the customer are minimized and repetition is prevented.
- We must provide qualified advice to the customer on which surface treatment is best suited for the purpose.
- We will continuously assess and improve the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- We will ensure optimal and efficient processes through process management and data collection.